Math Essentials materials teach students the math that they NEED to know. Every lesson is designed in a manner to make math fun and exciting. Each lesson is short, concise, and self-contained. Students don’t have time to get bored or discouraged. Consistent review is built into lessons so students are able to master and reinforce their math skills. Students can see their progress and this helps increase their confidence and build self-esteem. Confidence and self-esteem lead to success, and we all know that success builds on itself.
The Math Skills that all Students Need
There are three clusters of essential math skills that all students need to learn and master. These are the foundational skills that will gradually lead children to algebra. Students need to have a strong understanding of these topics. These skills are aptly called the critical foundations of algebra.
- They need to fully understand these skills conceptually.
- They need to be able to compute accurately with them.
- They need to be able to apply them to problem solving.
- Automatic recall of number facts is also vitally important.
- The concepts, computation, problem solving, and recall of facts are mutually supportive of one another.
Here is a list of the critical foundations of algebra:
- Whole numbers
- Fractions and decimals, including percents, integers and positive and negative fractions and decimals
- Some aspects of measurement and geometry
With a strong background in these areas, students will be prepared for success in algebra and beyond. The importance of a student’s success in algebra cannot be over-emphasized. Algebra is the gateway subject that will equip students to take more advanced math, science, and technical classes. Success in algebra opens many doors to a higher education and a rewarding career; lack of success in algebra will sadly result in these doors staying closed.
Math Essentials materials will teach students these vital math skills in the most effective way possible. Here are some of the parent/teacher/student friendly program highlights.
- Short, concise, non-intimidating, self-contained lessons
- A “Helpful Hints” section as part of each lesson, which insures that parents and students alike will understand each new topic
- Each lesson is self-contained and easy to understand with no fluff or distractions
- Daily number fact speed drills
- Consistent review is built into each lesson
- Chapter tests and final exams
- Fun and exciting…students feel successful and develop self-esteem
- The program prepares students for all of areas math curriculum, which they will need in their future classes
- Most of all, the program produces dramatic results
Use Mastering Essential Math Skills as directed. If you don’t see what you feel are dramatically improved results, send us a note saying so. You’ll receive a prompt, complete refund – no questions asked! THERE IS NO RISK!